February Garden Tips – Top 10 things to do during February in your Garden:
- Plan what Herbs, Flowers and Plants you want to cultivate in your garden this year.
- Source and buy seeds and bulbs for the garden.
- Remove dead leaves, they have protected your plants, but can also harbour slugs.
- Keep birdfeeders and tables well stocked and put out water regularly in freezing temperatures.
- Don’t walk on your lawn on frosty mornings – you can damage the grass this way.
- Clean out pots, seed trays and your greenhouse ready for spring.
- Winter prune your apple and pear trees and make sure to burn anything showing signs of disease.
- Don’t leave delicate houseplants on windowsills behind the curtains on any frosty nights or they may suffer.
- If your Christmas cactus didn’t bloom, it may be too warm, try placing it somewhere cooler or away from light sources at night.
- Place Hyacinths in a cool, bright place in the home. If it’s too warm, the leaves will elongate and the flowers will fade quickly.
For more specific advice contact us directly via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in Malahide, we’re always happy to help!